[Rhodes22-list] What is wrong with my mainsail?

ROGER PIHLAJA roger_pihlaja at msn.com
Tue Jul 18 18:56:20 EDT 2023

Graham,

I agree with Ric, the main halyard/Cunningham tension isn’t tight enough.  It also looks like the boom out haul isn’t tight enough.  The leech line on the trailing edge of the sail may also be too tight.  But, the luff tension and foot tension have to be correct before the leech line can be adjusted.  If either the halyard or the boom outhaul can’t be tensioned more; then, the mainsail was either made wrong or it may have stretched.  Either way, your mainsail would need some custom tailoring.

Roger Pihlaja
S/V Dynamic Equilibrium
Sent from my iPhone