[Rhodes22-list] What is wrong with my mainsail?

Graham Stewart gstewart.gm at gmail.com
Sat Jul 22 23:02:06 EDT 2023

Roger:
Having sailed for 50 odd years I should know the answer to my mainsail
question. I am one of those who simply bought a sailboat and went sailing
with no knowledge or experience. I don't think I have ever had someone on
board who was knowledgeable either. I am at the point where I can
definitely get to where I want to go but not in a particularly artful
manner. All to say I appreciate your advice on how to get a proper sail
sape and am glad that you were not reluctant to give your opinion.

I am also one of those who probably enjoys working on the restoration of
boats more than actually using them. I have completely restored two boats
including my 76 Rhodes. But even with the restoration I just plunged in
without any sensible idea of what I was doing. Once again I managed to get
to my destination but not without some artless mistakes along the way. If I
had waited until I knew what I was doing I would have never done it.
Graham Stewart
gstewart.gm at gmail.com