[Rhodes22-list] center board pivot pin

Todd Tavares tavares0947 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 8 06:42:54 EDT 2023

Barry:

One owner on the list made his own centerboard. I think he made it out of
stainless steel and put plastic caps on the ends as bushings. He must have
his own metal lathe, but you can surely have a pin fabricated at a local
machine shop, or make it yourself if you have the tools and tooling.
He shared pictures with the list. Maybe you could find it in the archives.
I know I have the pic saved on my computer at home. I'll repost it this
evening if I get the time.

I may be in a similar situation very soon. My centerboard bounces around in
the trunk quite a bit. I bought new running rigging and lines and plan to
pull my trunk cap off in the next couple of weeks. I'm a bit apprehensive
about what I might find.

As far as the running of the centerboard pennant line, it's all preference
whether you want a 3-1, or 4-1 advantage to raise the board. I've had both.
One ended at the cb and another ended at a pad eye on the underside of the
trunk cap.

Can you post pics of your centerboard and trunk?

Wood was never a factory creation from everything I've even read or seen,
but only Stan can give a definitive answer.

Todd T.