[Rhodes22-list] center board pivot pin

BARRY RUEHLEN ruehbl at msn.com
Fri Jun 9 20:49:38 EDT 2023

Thanks to Tod T, Graham S, and Jpd., for your helpful replies. Good luck to Tod when you crack your own trunk in the coming weeks. So, what I learned from the group is that the wooden pivot pin was maybe not standard, and the ones that the three of you are aware of was stainless steel. That makes sense to me. I can find some stainless rod, I'm sure. That problem is solved. Tod says he is aware of some pulley systems that did indeed have an anchor point on a pad eye on the top of the trunk, and some anchor through the hole in the centerboard. I have attached two pictures. One shows the inside of our trunk with the pennant line attached to that pad eye, and one pulley. Two more pullies are still on the line that must have gone to our old centerboard. If that's a standard configuration, we might as well stay with it. The second picture shows the centerboard we just picked up. It has the two pullies on it that would correspond with the two dangling from our existing pennant line. The two pieces of broken pivot pin are setting on the centerboard, in that picture. There are two very curious wire loops in drilled holes on each side the of the pullies. I can't for the life of me figure out what they might be for. The only thing I can think of is maybe someone put those loops on to help position the board during installation. Any ideas from you guys?? The last of my questions was, does the centerboard hang below the keel a little as a normal position. The answer was yes it does, but I believe it was said that it will push all the way into the keel and trunk manually. I hope that is the case so we can get it dropped in while it's on the trailer. As I mentioned the keel sets directly on a roller or two, so a flush centerboard would be a winner. The trailer was not a stock Rhodes trailer. I will say to the concern that she sits directly on the rollers, that the majority of the boat weight is on the bottom bunks, and side support bunks,(rails). We don't plan to trailer her other than an occasional haul out from the ram to my house.
Barry
<https://1drv.ms/i/s!AhlNzJUIauFbgc44f5DoIUqOo7bbKw>
[https://chi01pap002files.storage.live.com/y4mW-FcBSnX3iPWFxLru0xB2A6uLDAdgKH8GuYyXhE-rmG729WgttuIt2Nichhq8ZVEwYssyyYgM9Ij29VsJUFuB-l7NOsoz5COiYETEVxv5a7NXRnDMF3PySDDfrNS7ff0e1JU6yYwR3wY4Sn213OLYOeTX-6sUeMvLbfLbXdbaBx_zRFRd33jhpbuuxAqXPbj?width=200&height=150&cropmode=center]
[https://res-h3.public.cdn.office.net/assets/mail/file-icon/png/cloud_blue_16x16.png]20230511_115939.jpg
<https://1drv.ms/i/s!AhlNzJUIauFbgc43LoaaY4lasl_6yw>
[https://chi01pap002files.storage.live.com/y4mcOv-AUdNpvKt33yC1CTetegtKLXbqfDr3jtiKQd3nGnPDcUCh1Eq00m37pqsnwPdkxMKyR_o_Xiud7-M8Zj8mhxI_54BdY5NskJmGrXImuUP0YySANtc9h3NM_-RxX55KLQZOO99rOtUcnLhShQCYi9AleVypech2WxgJOmau8GJ1fopap9r6cmde6yj7pZS?width=200&height=150&cropmode=center]
[https://res.cdn.office.net/assets/mail/file-icon/png/cloud_blue_16x16.png]20230511_114327.jpg