[Rhodes22-list] Engine lift winch

Joe Dempsey jpd9668 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 11 15:02:52 EDT 2023

Thomas,
The winch on Respite was a Powerwinch, photo attached. Like I said earlier, it's a generic electric DC winch like you see on pick up trucks. I could not find my bolt pattern measurements, but their easy enough to measure, then search the net. The specifications of these winches give the bolt pattern.  Before you go to the trouble of replacing the winch, check the relay. It is located in the lazarette on the main power bus. Photo also attached. It is a "standard" relay that can be purchased at an automotive part store. You can see the numbers on the one in the photo. Its' worth testing it before you junk either the winch or the lift mechanism itself. I've attached an Electrical Diagram from Respite. It should be pretty standard for most R22s.  Anyone out their chime in if you see anything that's a problem. Hopefully it will be a help.

Joe Dempsey
Trojan 42
M/V Voyager
Former Rhodes 22