[Rhodes22-list] Running Rigging and Sun Damage

Todd Tavares tavares0947 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 24 20:25:15 EDT 2023

Dave,

I bought all new running rigging recently. I haven't rigged up yet but I'll
post what I got. The labels should be still on the coils.
I got 3 different types of line. The main halyard is a little stiffer with
less stretch than the sheets, and the centerboard pennant is a little
softer and more flexible.
I went through West Marine, but I could have likely saved money by going
elsewhere.
The only mistake I made, looking back, is that I bought two separate jib
sheets (red & reen...OCD), where a single continous sheet would have less
of a  knot to snag the clew of the headsail.

A special jib halyard is required to replace the one for the CDI furling
unit. They are either $75 or $95, I forget which.

Todd T.