[Rhodes22-list] 2007 Trailmaster trailer question

ROGER PIHLAJA roger_pihlaja at msn.com
Wed Oct 18 17:05:08 EDT 2023

David,

Of course, with the tongue extension, you can often back in far enough to completely submerge the bunks.  However, unless you have a bunch of helpers to hang onto guy lines to keep the boat centered on the trailer, this is not the most efficient option.  If the boat does not engage with the trailer’s bunks to a certain extent; then, it is vulnerable to wind and wave action causing it to get misaligned with the trailer.  By leaving about 12” of the bunks exposed above the water, you give the helmsman an obvious target to aim at.  Just put the bow in between the bunks and the trailer does the rest.  The boat engages with the bunks just enough to keep wind and waves from spoiling the alignment on the trailer long enough to get it winched up against the bow stop.  I often put S/V Dynamic Equilibrium on the trailer single handed.  For a 22 ft LOA boat, it’s not difficult; but, the secret is mostly in the trailer design.

Roger Pihlaja
S/V Dynamic Equilibrium

Sent from my iPhone