[Rhodes22-list] Wasps

peter beckerman recorderguy2001 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 18 11:55:47 EDT 2024

Hi All,    My boat has come out of the storage barn and so begins my 2nd season as a Rhodes owner.     I was having a pretty bad issue last year with mud daubers in my lazarette.  I thought they were getting in through the hatch, so I purchased several kinds of weather stripping over the winter with an eye to seal up the hatch before they can set up shop.  When I went to take a look yesterday I realized that there's a huge area under the cockpit seats that's wide open into the lazarette.  (Apparently I never looked last year, possibly because I didn't like to get stung).   While I work on blocking off that entrance to my boat, I'm wondering if there are any other hidden ways into the boat that I should be aware of?  Has anyone else had this issue?  How did you solve it?
Thanks,
Peter