[Rhodes22-list] Centerboard thumping

ROGER PIHLAJA roger_pihlaja at msn.com
Thu Apr 25 09:14:58 EDT 2024

Peter,

Yes, those pieces of tubing are meant to be flexible spacers or shock absorbers.  They are just clear PCV tubing available at any hardware store.  If yours are rock hard; then, it would be cheap insurance to replace them.

Regarding your issue wherein the centerboard won’t come all the way down, have you checked the top of the centerboard well forward of the pivot?  I’m thinking there might be something like a glob of mud, or a rock, or a stick or ? stuck up in there that’s limiting the range of motion of the centerboard.  Also, is your centerboard pennant long enough to allow full range of motion?

Roger Pihlaja
S/V Dynamic Equilibrium
1978 Sanford, MI

Sent from my iPhone