[Rhodes22-list] Cockpit support/lifting size

Michael D. Weisner mweisner at ebsmed.com
Thu Jul 25 15:38:23 EDT 2024

Check out our archives for more information.

I decided to create my own mast crane and associated crutch. The crutch was created from 2" PVC pip with a steel pipe insert. This gave the crutch the needed strength while the PVC protected the fiberglass from damage. The crutch is erected inside the stern while two "legs" provide a clamp to the stern itself. I need to find some pics.

In the meantime, here are two links that might be of interest:

     1. Homemade mast crane, including structural calculations near the end of the posting:
          http://www.rhodes22.org/pipermail/rhodes22-list/2021-April/087728.html

     2. Documentation and video of GB mast crane system:
         http://www.rhodes22.org/pipermail/rhodes22-list/2021-April/087772.html

Mike
s/v Wind Lass ('91)
Nissequogue River, NY