[Rhodes22-list] GB tiller-motor link geometry problem

Peter Nyberg peter at sunnybeeches.com
Thu Jun 6 14:58:37 EDT 2024

Patrick,

I think your diagnosis of the geometry issue is correct.  On my boat, the distance from link attachment point to pivot point is about the same for both rudder and outboard (roughly 14" I guesstimated).  This way, the rudder and outboard are always pointed in about the same direction.

I also noticed that my outboard has stops that prevent it from pivoting more than about 45 degrees.

In addition to trying to figure out a way to move the outboard attachment point aft, you could perhaps shift the rudder attachment point forward.

Peter Nyberg
Coventry, CT
s/v Silverheels (1988/2016)

[ Sent From rhodes22.net ]