[Rhodes22-list] Mooring advice

ROGER PIHLAJA roger_pihlaja at msn.com
Fri Jun 7 15:54:37 EDT 2024

Hi Larry,

Are you referring to the ring on the bow which is used to winch the boat onto the trailer?  Does the bow have a big hole where the ring used to be?  What sort of conditions did it take to do that?  What are you going to have to do to repair ?

Does your boat have bow line chocks?  If yes, then just route the mooring line from the bow cleat thru the line chock and down to the mooring buoy.  You could rig a bridle thru each line chock.  But, the boat won’t ride too far off center with just one.  I wouldn’t bother with rigging the 2nd line.  I presume this will be temporary?

Roger Pihlaja
S/V Dynamic Equilibrium
1978. Sanford, MI

Sent from my iPhone