[Rhodes22-list] Mooring advice

Matt Wilson mwhornblower at gmail.com
Sat Jun 8 12:54:31 EDT 2024

Sorry everyone,

I spent a few hours putting in a new, heavier bow ring and then we had
folks out for a stunning sunset sail.

Yes the ring that attaches the boat to the trailer. That ring was attached
to my mooring and broke from fatigue during a 40 mph sustained gust. I  use
a chain on a mooring on a fairly  large MN lake.  It’s mostly sheltered but
when those SE breezes come up there is about 1.5 mi of open water so there
can be a fair amount of wave action on top of sustained 20mph winds at
times.

Should I be concerned that the boat fiberglass could be damaged?  Any
thoughts on some kind of spring or a better set up?

Thanks so much,
Matt Wilson
HornblowerII
White Bear Lake, MN