[Rhodes22-list] Update on Stan

Weiss, Robert L rweiss at siu.edu
Mon Jun 17 08:52:58 EDT 2024

Dear Cindy,

Thank you for the update on Stan. I first met him at the Annapolis Boat Show in 2010 and remember sitting on a Rhodes 22 listening to him describe the many features of the boat. I knew then that this was the boat for me. I finally bought a recycled one from Stan in 2014 and have sailed it on Kentucky Lake 8-9 months a year ever since. In 2017 my wife and I spent a couple weeks with Stan and Rose at the factory and then at the boat show helping to get boats ready to show. I cherish those memories. But even better yet, I loved being able to introduce my grandson to Stan at the boat show in 2022. Stan was gracious, funny, and made a strong impression on my young grandson who I'd been teaching to sail my Rhodes 22 for the last 3 summers.

Stan has touched the lives of so many people through his passion for the Rhodes 22 and life. Please know that he is in our thoughts and prayers.

Bob
Beach Spring
1998 Recycled 2014

Robert L Weiss Jr.