[Rhodes22-list] Mast step repair

ROGER PIHLAJA roger_pihlaja at msn.com
Wed Jun 19 18:06:28 EDT 2024

Hi Bob,

Stainless steel tends to work harden when deformed.  Even if you could straighten out your mast step, I would not recommend it.  It will very likely crack.  Even if it doesn’t actually crack, it will be much weaker vs pre accident.  They are not that expensive and it’s a safety issue, so replace it.

Roger Pihlaja
S/V Dynamic Equilibrium
1978. Sanford, MI

Sent from my iPhone