[Rhodes22-list] Gooseneck

Michael McKay mm.bizlist1 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 24 00:22:12 EDT 2024

Bob,

I replaced my gooseneck recently.  I got the following parts from Dwyer:

DH3143 U-bracket heavy, qty 2
DH3141 U-bracket standard, qty 1
DH334 heavy duty universal
DH315 gooseneck fork
CLP-4-0.984: Pin, Clevis, 1/4 x 1-1/8" , qty 2
CR1 rigging ring, qty 2

If you need to replace your fork, you have to drill a hole through it for the bolt that holds the fork in the boom.  If you currently have 2 bolts, you only need to use one in the replacement fork, which greatly simplifies the project. I had a local machine shop drill the hole for me, since it requires the right tools, skills, and a very hard drill bit.  In my case it was a 1/8” hole.

I have not yet replaced the U-bracket on the boom slider in the mast since I didn’t want to remove my mast at that time, so I just replaced the standard U-bracket on the slider which I was able to do with the mast up.  I intend to install the heavy duty U-bracket when I next drop my mast.

Peter Dwyer of Dwyer mast was very helpful:

mail at dwyermast.com
(203) 484-0419

Michael McKay
s/v Liber (2006/2018)