[Rhodes22-list] The List Seems to be Fading Away

David Keyes rhodes22dave at gmail.com
Sat Mar 9 00:12:41 EST 2024

Melvyn, I think your post is right.  I have a 2011 R22 that we bought new from Stan to replace our 2001 R22 that we also bought new.  The only reason we switched was because we knew Stan was getting older and replacement boats would not likely be around if and when our 2001 really did need replacement.  But now I am 84 and my wife will soon be 81.  Our Lake Travis near Austin, Texas has had very low water levels for the past two years.  Our boat stays in the water year-round, and we pay to have it washed every two weeks.  But we haven’t sailed it in a year—we used to sail the 2001 R22 weekly and the 2011 bi-weekly (our having bought a motorboat for our waterfront property on Lake Austin in 2009).  So even though we love it when we are out on the sailboat, it’s time to sell it.  If General Boats were still refurbishing boats, I’d work out a deal with them.

During all of the above, we live in Houston three hours away and so can only do Austin area boating on weekends.

So we will soon be another family leaving the R22 owner group, sad to say.

David Keyes
Sent from my iPhone