[Rhodes22-list] Electric motors

Weiss, Robert L rweiss at siu.edu
Thu Mar 21 12:32:53 EDT 2024

Thank you to Mike Corley for posting the link and info on the Epropulsion electric motors.

I've been drooling over electric motors for years, but never found something that would work satisfactorily on the Rhodes. I know the 6 or 9.9 equivalent of the Epropulsion motors would be strong enough, but the batteries are too big and heavy for me to take off the boat to charge. I can't charge at the dock. Has anyone here on the list used the smaller Spirit 1.0 Evo or Plus on the Rhodes 22? I only sail on Kentucky Lake and use the motor to go in and out of the marina, so my needs are less than a lot of you on larger bodies of water. I have contacted Sally at Annapolis Hybrid Marine, and she thinks the Spirit would be sufficient for my needs. But I would love to have this confirmed by someone who has used one.

Bob
Beach Spring

Robert L Weiss Jr.
Director of Music