[Rhodes22-list] Bimini top for Rhodes

ROGER PIHLAJA roger_pihlaja at msn.com
Fri Mar 22 18:14:09 EDT 2024

Hi Mike,

For awhile, I had my bimini top pivots mounted to Schaefer track slides on the genoa T-Tracks.  From West Marine, the equivalent parts are: M/N: 129346, SCHAE#: 17-59, Cost: $77.99 + S&H Each.  Plus, you will to get some shoulder bolts, washers, fender washers, and Nylok nuts from your local hardware store.  This setup worked, after a fashion.  I eventually permanently thru-bolted the bimini top pivots to the gunnel.  The T-Track mount wasn't as rigid as I would have liked plus there was ~3" between the pin stop holes, which yielded pretty coarse resolution on the fore/aft placement.  But, my main issue with the T-Track mounting was that the bimini top mounts blocked fore/aft adjustment of the genoa sheet lead position.  But, this T-Track setup did allow me to determine exactly where I wanted to mount the bimini top pivots.

Roger Pihlaja
S/V Dynamic Equilibrium
1978  Sanford, MI