[Rhodes22-list] Electric Motors

Weiss, Robert L rweiss at siu.edu
Thu May 2 15:47:23 EDT 2024

I just got this Spirit 1.0 EVO by Epropulsion  a few weeks ago and have only had it out on the water 4 times. So far I'm very pleased.

I used hose clamps to attach the block and pin from my Mercury 8 hp outboard to the back of the handle and it now even works with the tiller connection that Stan built. I can't go as fast as I did with the outboard (6+ mph) but by myself I got up to 4.8 mph and with 2 other guys in the boat yesterday, I got 4.2 mph. At full throttle, it should run for 1 hour, but back off of that and you can run for up to 10 hours. I only sail on Kentucky Lake and only need to motor out of the marina and across the barge channel, so I don't fight currents or big waves. Love that it is almost silent and I no longer have to mess with gas and hope the motor starts.  The battery weighs less than 25 lbs and floats! I no longer need help putting the motor on my boat.

Bob
Beach Spring

[cid:d03d7d1a-f76d-497d-87c7-61163d82c1e0]

Robert L Weiss Jr.
Director of Music
First United Methodist Carbondale, IL
Professor Emeritus, SIUC