[Rhodes22-list] Bench drains

ROGER PIHLAJA roger_pihlaja at msn.com
Fri May 3 18:39:39 EDT 2024

Hi Scott,

I drilled a couple of extra drain holes in the troughs like you suggest.  When they are clear, the new holes do allow quite a bit of water to drop down to the cockpit sole.  Unfortunately, these new holes are also subject to clogging, at least as bad as the drains on the aft end of the cockpit.  In my experience, the only solution is eternal vigilance at keeping the drain troughs as clean as possible.

Roger Pihlaja
S/V Dynamic Equilibrium
1978  Sanford, MI