[Rhodes22-list] General Boats jib rollerfurler

ROGER PIHLAJA roger_pihlaja at msn.com
Mon May 13 07:37:03 EDT 2024

Peter,

It's been a long time since I upgraded the genoa roller furler on my boat to a Harken Unit 0.  But, as I recall, the OEM roller furler had an extra hole in the furling drum.  The line for tensioning the genoa luff was fed thru this hole and a stopper knot was tied on the bottom of the drum.  The rest of the line was fed thru a grommet on the tack of the genoa.  The genoa luff was tensioned by tying a power cinch hitch.  Normally, the luff tensioning line is left tied off to the roller furling drum when the sail is removed.  However, your inexperienced "helpers" may not have known this and removed it.  As I recall, the line was 1/4" OD double braid, about 2' long.

By the way, who is my "uncle Bob"?

Roger Pihlaja