[Rhodes22-list] Centerboard control line size/leak

peter beckerman recorderguy2001 at yahoo.com
Tue May 21 16:19:18 EDT 2024

Michael,
   Thanks, that's very generous.  I think my gasket is in okay shape.  I'm pretty sure that I was not paying enough attention to ensuring that the mating surfaces were clean prior to reassembling.  My plan is to remove the cap, thoroughly clean and then put it back together.  If I'm unable to get a good seal I'll repeat with silicone seal as Roger suggested.  I'd prefer not to use adhesive as I might want to paint the centerboard in a couple of years and I don't have access to a hoist.  I also failed to torque the screws in a chris cross pattern which may have led to some uneven spots.

Thanks again
   Peter

[ Sent From rhodes22.net ]