[Rhodes22-list] topping lift?

Peter Nyberg peter at sunnybeeches.com
Sun May 26 21:04:53 EDT 2024

Graham,

There are two pulleys to port and two pulleys to starboard at the top of the mast. You would have discovered this pretty quickly once you had the mast down, and this detail doesn't really matter a great deal.

I'm pretty sure that the location of the small block at the edge of the cabin top on my boat dictates that the topping lift line will come down to the deck forward of the spreader.  On other boats apparently that block is further aft, and the line passes aft of the spreader.  You will need to figure out which path is correct for your boat.  It should be easy to reroute the line one way or the other with a boat hook.

Peter Nyberg
Coventry, CT
s/v Silverheels (19888/2016)

[ Sent From rhodes22.net ]