[Rhodes22-list] How to Sing The Blues -- Joke

Thena Carville rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org
Fri, 9 Aug 2002 09:11:54 -0700

------=_NextPart_000_0093_01C23F84.CDFF78A0

Re: [Rhodes22-list] How to Sing The Blues -- JokeDear Slim,
glad to see you know all the classics....
Thena
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Steve Alm=20
  To: rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org=20
  Sent: Friday, August 09, 2002 1:25 AM
  Subject: Re: [Rhodes22-list] How to Sing The Blues -- Joke

  Not too far a stretch (reference to the gallows--a perfectly =
acceptable blues way to die) from the essential elements of the "Perfect =
Country Western Song" by David Allen Coe and Steve Goodman:

  I was drunk the day that Mom got out of prison,=20
  And I went to pick her up in the pourin' rain,
  But before I got to the station in my pickup truck,
  She got runned over by the damned ol' train.

  Slim  (Slim Chance and the Gamblers)