[Rhodes22-list] Exit Lines

Bob Weber rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org
Mon, 12 Aug 2002 12:22:38 -0500

John, I don't know if you want to stay with a trailer sailor or not.  If
not, start looking at 26' or above and you will get standing headroom in the
cabin.  The older hunters ( pre 89 I think have a deep cabin and are built
strong ) I don't know of any trailerable boats that have head room with the
exception of the Hunter 26 (these are not legally trailerable in every state
and there are a few other things I don't like about the H-26, Mostly water
ballast.  In your search don't be too concerned with the cabin accomadations
since you will spend very little waking hours there.  It is nice to have a
comfy cabin but as with everything think of what you need to sacrifice to
get it.  Good luck with your search.  Figure out what is essential and don't
hedge on those, the only thing worse than the shopping headache is haveing
to it all over again with the additional headach of having to sell a boat
with a deficiency that caused you to want to sell in the first place.
Better to put of buying till you can get all the things you think are
important.  If you want to know what others on the list consider important
in a sailboat just ask, but features will likely lead you back to a Rhodes
since we all came to the same conclusion.  Good luck, be sure to say hi if
you see one of us on the water.

Bob
S/V Ruba