[Rhodes22-list] Cell Phone Issues

Eaton, Gil GEaton@IKON.com
Fri, 6 Dec 2002 11:36:36 -0500

	I have Nextel, pretty spotty coverage past the big cities.  Almost
no coverage on the Eastern Shore of Maryland, Verizon is supposed to be best
for the Chesapeake Bay.
	gil

Gil Eaton
S/V Closing Time
Spring Cove Marina
Rock Hall, MD

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert Quinn [mailto:rjquinn@bellsouth.net]
Sent: Thursday, December 05, 2002 7:57 PM
To: The Rhodes 22 mail list
Subject: Re: [Rhodes22-list] Cell Phone Issues

Brad:  Just got an ad for NEXTEL.  Really don't know how good they are but
we are pretty put off with our current provider - US Cellular.  I put the
phone on our kitchen counter and get a "no service" message.  If I pick it
up and walk out the back door or into the garage, I get service.

NEXTEL is advertising $125 off on the i90 phone and a $49.99 monthly rate
plan that includes 4,400 night and weekend minutes, 500 anytime minutes, 100
Nextel Direct Connect minutes, FREE long distance, and great nationwide
coverage on the largest all digital network in the US.  Plus, for a limited
time, get one month access FREE - a $49.99 value.  (This comes as part of a
US Airways Dividend Miles promotion.  Call 888 760-5144.)

Sounds good but I have no experience with them.