[Rhodes22-list] Tongue Weight

Ware, Joseph W. joseph_ware@merck.com
Thu, 12 Dec 2002 11:24:36 -0500

Paul, I'm with you.  I had a load-rite trailer for my Beneteau.  The
non-extendable arm with the "V" cushion for the bow, came up at about a 45
degree angle, for parallel with the trailer itself.  It drew more water than
the Rhodes, and I never had a problem loading it.  I would bring the bow
ring right up to the "V" with the winch, and as I pulled up the ramp, the
boat would settle right where it was suppose to.  Seems like a re-design of
the front end of the trailer would fix the problem.

Joe

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Grandholm [mailto:paul@mi.chtechnology.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 12, 2002 11:20 AM
To: The Rhodes 22 mail list
Subject: RE: [Rhodes22-list] Tongue Weight

Joe,

     It doesn't seem to me that adding weight to the front of the
trailer, just to try to achieve proper balance, is the best alternative.
Eliminate weight from the rear or shift it from the rear to the front if
necessary (motor & rudder being the most obvious).  Of course we'd all be
better off if we could just figure out an easy way to get the gosh darn
boat all the way forward on the trailer.

Paul

>Rummy, I'm talking about the water tank in the boat.  Not an external tank,
>although that does bring up a possible point.  I also thought about making
>mount for the motor under the bow, on the front of the trailer.  Just
>thinking...
>
>Joe

information of Merck & Co., Inc. (Whitehouse Station, New Jersey, USA) that
may be confidential, proprietary copyrighted and/or legally privileged, and
is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity named on this
message.  If you are not the intended recipient, and have received this
message in error, please immediately return this by e-mail and then delete
it.

===

Paul Grandholm
C&H Technology
GrandPower Components Div.

Notice:  This e-mail message, together with any attachments, contains information of Merck & Co., Inc. (Whitehouse Station, New Jersey, USA) that may be confidential, proprietary copyrighted and/or legally privileged, and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity named in this message.  If you are not the intended recipient, and have received this message in error, please immediately return this by e-mail and then delete it.