[Rhodes22-list] Digital Cameras

Bill Berner bberner@optonline.net
Fri, 01 Nov 2002 09:34:19 -0500

I have and am very happy with the Nikon Coolpix 885.  Available from
reputable Onine stores for just under 400.  Comp USA/Wiz type pricing at
about 500.00.

Camera has really good auto modes, and also excellent manual control.

Only caveat is that like most Digital things, it doesn't like humidity
and especially salt water.  A case, preferably water tight is adivised
if it will spend much time on the boat.  I would keep it cased and
stowed when not actually in use.

BB

Bill Berner
191 South Broadway
Hastings on Hudson, NY  10706

v 914 478 2896
f 914 478 3856
e BBerner@optonline.net

-----Original Message-----
From: rhodes22-list-bounces@rhodes22.org
[mailto:rhodes22-list-bounces@rhodes22.org] On Behalf Of Mark Kaynor
Sent: Friday, November 01, 2002 9:21 AM
To: The Rhodes 22 mail list
Subject: Re: [Rhodes22-list] Digital Cameras

Joe,

We have a Fuji FinePix 1400 -
http://www.digital-camerastore.com/fujifinepix1400.htm. It's fine for us
most of the time. It's about 2 yrs. old, which is forever for
electronics
these days - it cost about $350 at the time we bought it. I looked
around a
bit and found a few still for sale in the $200 range, so for $400 or so
you
should be able to pick up something with a lot more features. Feel free
look at some of the pictures we've taken w/ it at

http://www.kaynor.org/raven
http://www.kaynor.org/rhendezvous
http://www.kaynor.org/maine (these are all full size 1280x960 pixels,
around