[Rhodes22-list] Through-Hull sealant

Bob Keller r22yankeeclipper at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 16 21:07:21 EST 2003

Just wanted to thank the responses I received several weeks ago about the
through-hull failures that I experienced.  Whoever recommended (I think it
was Peter?) that I use 101 polysulfide was right on.  The previous sealant
used was 3M 5200 and it must have cracked when the boat sat on the trailer
with many people walking and working on the boat.  The polysulfide remains
very flexible after it cures and appears to be ideal for a trailerable boat.
  Just trailered 600 miles and sailed hard and the boat remains completely
dry.

I also sealed the water tank (rubbermaid container) lid with silicone
sealant and it no longer leaks into the bilge when the boat heels.

Thanks again.
Bob K
Yankee Clipper