[Rhodes22-list] was Politics on the list. now Todd's traveler

Todd Tavares sprocket80 at mail.com
Thu Nov 27 00:38:57 EST 2003

Steve,

    I know this was probably a trivial question and not really critical.  As long as the traveler is high enough to clear the tiller with comfort.  I save almost every pic that is posted if I think I can get some future info to help me with the restoration, especially now since I have 2 R22's to restore.  I see from these pics that Roger's traveler is much higher and has less travel.

   I cannot find the same style end caps that Stan uses in 1", so I will have to get creative.

But not having the mast up now,  I wanted to make the tube long enough to span the distance between the backstays, keeping it high enough, while getting maximum travel with out having to break out the TI-82 :-)  But about 58" - 60" long and 24" up from the chain plates should be in the ballpark.

Besides,  I wanted Fred to have some enjoyable boat posts to peruse. ;-)

Todd