[Rhodes22-list] Rhodes 22 centerboard (hybrid) in low tide mud question

Steve Alm salm at mn.rr.com
Fri May 7 15:26:44 EDT 2004

Hello Ashley and welcome to the Rhodes list.

Have you visited the site at Rhodes22.com?  There is a lot of info and links
galore including a FAQ link.  Calling the hull design a hybrid is right on,
although the builder, General boats refers to it as a combination keel.
There's more info on this at the Rhodes site.  As for the draft, the R22
draws 20" with the board up although I can't be certain if it's the same on
a '76.  If I remember correctly, Roger has a '76 and he'll be able to be
more precise.

As for the tidal area in soft mud, I really don't know. People have done
that as a temporary solution to gain access to areas below the waterline,
but I don't know about the every day thing.  My guess is that it would be OK
so long as the boat stays upright and doesn't lay over too much, but you
should wait for someone more knowledgeable than I to respond.  8-)

Where will you be sailing?

Slim