[Rhodes22-list] Mast Crutch

Steve Alm salm at mn.rr.com
Tue May 11 14:59:24 EDT 2004

John,
I wish I had a better picture of my mast crutch for you--this one
doesn't show too much detail--but this is the GB design for lowering
the mast to the stern.  At the bottom, the two aluminum tubes are
attached to plastic (plywood could be used) pieces that are notched to
fit over the transom.  The transom bears the weight--not the rail.
There is a horizontal piece of the same material with a cutout that
fits over the stern rail and stern light.  This adds stability.  Then
there are two lines coming down from the top that tie to the stern
cleats which add even more stability.  If I get a chance, I'll take
more pixs and post them.

Hope this helps,
Slim