[Rhodes22-list] Electrical Enhancements

William E. Wickman wewickman at duke-energy.com
Tue Oct 10 11:52:16 EDT 2006

While I was at my boat with a camera I got ambitious and took a couple more
pictures of my electrical system.  The first picture shows the area where
the electric panel, radio, etc. are mounted.  One of the coolest items is
the Xantrex battery monitor.  In the photo it is showing +0.2 amps flowing
into the batteries from the solar panels.  It's been talked about before (I
think Bill Effros put me onto one), and I have found it very useful for
showing the exact state of batteries and allowing me to manage power
consumption.  It does cost a bit, but it allows for a lot of peace of mind.

The second photo shows the electrical equipment and connections that are
mounted in the forward section of the cabin between the settee and the
head.  I have attached it as a pdf because there is a lot of stuff in the
picture that needs explaining.

Now I've got to get back to my real job!!

Bill Wickman

(See attached file: powerpanel.jpg)(See attached file: Electric system.pdf)