[Rhodes22-list] Introductions (WAS Chet to give Stan bigger hat size)

Joseph Hadzima josef508 at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 19 11:35:42 EDT 2006

Hello everyone;

Thanks for providing very interesting historical
information Tootlie!  And thanks to Cpt Michael Meltzer for
all the work involved in keeping this list in proper
working order! I didn't know the archives were searchable.

I've been lurking on this list for several days, after mary
Lou from the Chesapeake list gave me the address.  Thank
you Mary Lou.

So I guess that is the first point - I'm living in Maryland
and sail mostly in the Chesapeake, but have been to the
Great Lakes, and LI Sound also (grew up on LI, but never
sailed ... yes it's very sad!)

We're interested in a trailerable so we can explore various
places outside of Maryland.  We've never owned a sailboat,
but rather rent and are club members (currently at two
clubs). This way we get to try different boats, and even
ones we wouldn't normally aford!  The Admerial likes to
cruise, and I race on Thursday nights in Baltimore harbor
(Sonar 23 and J22).  We learned at JWorld Annapolis, and
sailed their J80's and a J105 for a year before switching
clubs.  At the club in Washington DC we sail Flying Scotts.

We've rented Hunters, O'Day 28 & 34 and Persons, etc.  Now
I think it's time to buy, since the kid is in his last year
of HS, and in more interested in climbing Mt Washington in
the dead of Winter (this gives his poor mother the shakes -
more than when I'm at the helm! :-)

We came very close to buying a Hunter 240 the last year
they were in production, but didn't have all the docks
lined up - now I'm glad we missed that opportunity, and saw
the Rhodes at the Annapolis boat show 2 weeks ago.  I'm
impressed but more important the Admerial (a.k.a. Paula) is
impressed!

So I'm happy to be on this list and learning more each day.

take care, and happy Sailing!!!!!
josef & Paula

"To function efficiently, any group of people or employees
must have faith in their leader!" - Capt Bligh (ret).

"Chain of command is the backbone of military structure and
must be strictly obeyed!" - F.Christain