[Rhodes22-list] ISO Seaward 26RK relationship

Joseph Hadzima josef508 at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 19 11:50:50 EDT 2006

Hi y'all

I'm back again!

I have a pretty short list of trailerable boats I'd like to
purchase, one is the Rhodes 22, and another is the Seaward
26RK (retractable keel I assume).  I noticed General boats
has the Seaward listed on it's website.  Has anyone here
done a comparison of the two?  I know the Seaward is a a
few feet longer, has a double axel trailer, and costs more,
but I haven't seen a 26RK up close, nor sailed it or the
Rhodes.

I'm 6'4 and about 240#, I'd like to have enough room to
sleep comfortably even if it's just weekend cruising (I'll
rent a bigger boat if we're going for a week or 2).  So ...
I was thinking of doing a rental at the factory in NC, but
had to leave a message when I phoned this AM.  I'll try
again tomorrow I think.  Does anyone know if both boats
area available at the factory?  Doee any know whether Stan
rents his pride and joy all year long, or just until
Oct/Nov time frame?

Otherwise, my next opportunity to see a Seaward 26 appears
to be at the show in Philldelphia during January , I hope
Stan and his Rhodes22 will also be there.

thanks and fair winds!
josef5 & paula

"That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and
hull and a deck and sails. That's what a ship needs. But
what a ship is... is freedom."
-- Captain Jack Sparrow