[Rhodes22-list] Lift range of 7:1 outboard mount

John Lock jlock at relevantarts.com
Sat Apr 14 12:17:14 EDT 2007

Hi folks,

My boat is equipped with a standard outboard jackplate.  In the "up"
position, the prop still drags in the water - especially on a
starboard tack, then the whole prop and foot are underwater.

I can tilt the outboard up into its stowed position, but that's very
awkward to do while underway and manage the jackplate at the same
time.  Not to mention the strain on my back!

So, I was considering replacing the whole mount with one of the nifty
7:1 slide mounts.  But I don't know what the lifting range of that
mount is.  Will I still have the same problem or will it lift the
outboard high enough to clear the prop without tilting it up as well?

Cheers!

John Lock