[Rhodes22-list] diesel cars

Joseph Hadzima josef508 at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 22 14:17:22 EDT 2007

I believe the part about cleaner exhaust, but if the
exhaust and oil get the oppportunity to mix, isn't there
something very very wrong with your engine?

I had assumed the breakdown in crankcase oil was do to
other factors like the average and peak tempatures the
engine is used, like city vs highway driving, or towing.
if your rings are worn then you'll get exhaust into the
crankcase, and if you worp the head you'll get oil in the
cooling system. Unless you expect the fuel to cause the
engine to run cooler.  I guess I need to go back to auto
shop class, since I haven't actually worked on my car
engine in many many years :-)

good luck and let us know if it works out as you expect.

happy Sunday