[Rhodes22-list] Dave Ramsey!????Political)

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 13:06:33 EDT 2008

Andrew,

"These guys and gals are intelligent, they just work in a job that is
not white collar."

Thank you.  No one goes through life without issues with their father
(unless you're Obama and have to create the issues with a pseudo
fiction auto-biography).  My father came home from WW2 and worked his
entire life in construction and the oil field.  I can remember a
winter or two where I wished Dad was a little less concerned about the
safety and welfare of his co-workers and more concerned about ME,
freezing our asses off because "times were hard and money was tight".
When a local teacher was under fire for being accused of being "gay",
I kind of wanted my dad to head back to the oil fields and quit
worrying about "values". When Mom suddenly was suddenly rendered
unemployable due to her arthritis during my first semester in college,
a call from Dad saying everything is "OK" would have been more welcome
than the real message, "Son, I'm doing what I have to do, you do the
same".

Never underestimate the wisdom of the "average" blue collar worker!

Brad