[Rhodes22-list] Line Replacement on the GBI Furler

Steven Alm stevenalm at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 17:14:51 EDT 2008

David,

I don't remember exactly how the line was attached to my old GBI furler--I
now have the CDI Flex Furler.  But as long as you're doing maintenance on
the furler, it would be a very good idea to see if Stan can get you new
"bearings" for the top and bottom.  As they wear out, they tend to "grab"
the stay instead of letting it slip when winding in and out.  Because of
this, my stay itself was being wound and unwound over and over until it was
kinked on its entire length but of course the stay is inside the tube so you
can't see if it's being kinked.

Slim