[Rhodes22-list] Politics - Chickens Roost

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Fri Oct 3 12:38:41 EDT 2008

As most of you know, I grew up in downstate Illinois in a town of 650
people.  We tolerated the corruption in Chicago as long as we could
milk Chicago for "trickle down" funds for new school buildings and
infrastructure.  We knew the whole state was corrupted and we knew our
"locals" would come back from Springfield corrupted. It didn't matter
as long as it worked for us.

Maybe there's a new sheriff in town.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2008/oct/03/fbi-raids-obama-friends-office/

I'm not sure how this will play out for my hometown in the long run.
Perhaps it took the national spotlight to "once and for all" make
little towns like Mom and Dad's cut themselves loose from Chicago.

This election cycle certainly hasn't been boring!

Brad