[Rhodes22-list] straight talk

Peter Thorn pthorn at nc.rr.com
Sat Oct 11 06:50:09 EDT 2008

Thank you for your suggestion.  Mostly, I've been posting a few interesting
items I've come across without comment.

Here's another from William H Buckley Jr., a life-long conservative.
Apparently I'm not the only who thinks McCain is losing it.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/

"This campaign has changed John McCain," Buckley wrote. "It has made him
inauthentic. A once-first class temperament has become irascible and snarly;
his positions change, and lack coherence; he makes unrealistic promises,
such as balancing the federal budget 'by the end of my first term.' Who,
really, believes that?

"Then there was the self-dramatizing and feckless suspension of his campaign
over the financial crisis," Buckley added. "His ninth-inning attack ads are
mean-spirited and pointless. And finally, not to belabor it, there was the
Palin nomination. What on earth can he have been thinking?"

OK, Brad.  I agree she's a good looking woman, but what else does she really
bring to the ticket?