[Rhodes22-list] Ben Cittadino, Esq., a reply

Tootle ekroposki at charter.net
Sun Sep 7 09:09:24 EDT 2008

Ben C.,

Thank you for your long post on your opinion of Obama and politics.  I will
reply on some points in the future.

One point I will reply on is your acceptance of the main stream media or the
north east media views and concepts of the world and economics.  Truth to
different men is like the three blind men touching the elephant and offering
three different descriptions of an elephant.  Your opinions were typical of
those of the main stream media, or just one man's description of the
elephant.

Again, I expect to reply to some point later,

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA
Addendum:
Here is what Michael Crichton, scientist and noted author, says about
consensus:
     "As most of you have heard many times, the consensus of climate
scientists believes in global warming.  Historically, the claim of consensus
has been the first refuge of scoundrels; it is a way to avoid debate by
claiming that the matter is already settled.  Whenever you hear the
consensus of scientists agrees on something or other, reach for your wallet,
because you're being had.
. . . the work of science has nothing whatever to do with consensus.
Consensus is the business of politics.  Science . . . requires only one
investigator who happens to be right; which means that he or she has results
that are verifiable by reference to the real world.   In science, consensus
is irrelevant.   What is relevant is reproducible results.   The greatest
scientists in history are great precisely because they broke with the
consensus."