[Rhodes22-list] Sail Repairs

Michael Corley michael.4591 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 09:27:22 EST 2011

Yes, I used their Ford City facility.  There are instructions on their web
site and in their book about how to fold and ship.  I used UPS.  Shipping
was easier than I thought as it takes no padding.  I think it cost me about
$30.  Someone else on the list gave a breakdown of their costs in dealing
with Sailcare.  Hardest part was taking the sails off the furlers and
putting them back on afterwards.  They came back in a much smaller box than
I shipped them out in.  If you can find a local sail loft that is price
competitive use them, but there is a lot to be said for Sailcare's
proprietary cleaning process.  They use some type of machine.  For a
cruising boat I would not professionally clean the sails till they needed
it.

Mike
S/V Ranger
Hampton Roads