[Rhodes22-list] Salt Water Rhodes

redneckyc steverayj at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 15 12:52:17 EST 2013

+1 on each use motor flushing and anti seizing compound (see tufgel at
westmarine). I used the tufgel anytime I replaced a screw going into a metal
fitting like cleats and winches on masts and booms. Also your motor probably
has a zinc anode to be replaced every year.

I have owned boats in salt and fresh water environments. It is amazing how
it seems everything degrades around salt air and boats in fresh only areas
have hardware that looks like new after 20+ years with no maintenance.  But
I do sure miss the ocean even the sharks.

-----
Fair winds and following seas .....  Steve