[Rhodes22-list] Salt Water Rhodes

Jay Curry jac2 at wavecable.com
Wed Jan 16 15:17:21 EST 2013

Rob,

I have a Tohatsu 6HP 4 Cycle. The water inlet is mounted under a flange.
Muffs will not work. It has to be  submerged. The bucket works from the boat
mount, but the motor is only mounted when the boat is in use. Otherwise I
keep it on a mount in the truck bed or on the stand. I like the stand since
I can use it anywhere it is convenient instead of working only at the stern
where the boat is parked.

Rick,

The Great Lakes are over run with mussels in many places and present a
similar problem to being in salt water except in salt water the variety of
critters you get are orders of magnitude more numerous. In either case the
dilemma is the same. I understand the need to cycle the movement of the
keel, but how can the trunk and keel be thoroughly cleaned once the critters
take up residence. In my case, I intend to use the boat in many places
including inland lakes and salt water. I need to find a reasonable method to
keep it free of hitchhikers and debris. I don't think a strong spray after
each use is going to do the trick, but time will tell. I am still a rookie
R22 owner.

Thanks

Jay
Port Angeles, WA