[Rhodes22-list] Fiber-glassing in Winter?

Graham Stewart gstewart.gm at gmail.com
Sat Dec 9 22:00:36 EST 2023

How extensive is the needed work? Also, what ambient temperature are you
dealing with?
Heat lamps work for small areas and cool temperatures but for large jobs or
cold temperatures you might end up with a mess on your hands. Also the time
to cure would likely be much longer than you would want to hang around even
if you use fiberglass resin. If you use epoxy, which I think is much
better, you need about 24 hrs or more for the epoxy to cure. You might be
able to do the work in the Spring before launch when you get a warm
day. Except perhaps for minor repairs removal of the centerboard is the
best option for all of the reasons others have mentioned.

Graham Stewart
Agile 76