[Rhodes22-list] Water in the Cabin

cjlowe at sssnet.com cjlowe at sssnet.com
Wed Dec 20 11:04:16 EST 2023

I had trouble finding a leak on Country Rhodes. Turns out there was a
piece of starboard with a v cut in it that was mounted flush with the top
of the cb trunk, with the v pointing down.it is supposed to stop the
upward travel of the cb. The mounting screws went thru the side of the cb
trunk. The fastener hole got rearmed out and allowed the leak. The plastic
piece was mounted in the last foot of trunk, aft. I always take my boat to
a local lake after repair to check for leaks
Before putting the interior back in. I just float around for an hour or
so. You can take toilet paper and wrap it around the bottom of the trunk
to see the area where the leaks start.

Jerry Lowe