[Rhodes22-list] Anchoring

Rick Lange sloopblueheron at gmail.com
Sat Oct 28 12:09:14 EDT 2023

Yelling comes from boats downwind you are dragging toward just because you
wanted to squeeze in by putting out too little rode.  And you're taking
forever to find your boat hook in the dark and rain, and to fish for the
rode you can't see underwater.

What's this about bringing the anchor aboard?  I'd rather walk into a
Japanese home with my shoes on!  The anchor is to be kept outboard hanging
from its bow rail bracket.  When just relocating in an anchorage, I also
leave the mucky chain dangling outboard from the hanging anchor.

Regards,

Rick Lange