[Rhodes22-list] Water in the Cabin

Ric Stott ric at stottarchitecture.com
Fri Feb 2 17:28:39 EST 2024

HI Graham
It depends on your motor mount and what conditions you sail in.
If you have an original GB slider type you will probably need a 25” Extra Long Shaft.
That is what I use and it works well except in big waves down wind, the prop sometimes spins out of the water briefly.
Do no buy a short shaft for a sailboat.
Ric
SV Dadventure
4 stoke motors are heavy, so be prepared.

Richard F. Stott, AIA, LEED AP
ric at stottarchitecture.com
O -631-283-1777
C- 516-965-3164